Translate

Saturday 12 January 2013

Flu & Lyme


Hello all,

As you could see from my last post Norovirus&Lyme http://diaryoflymegirl.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/norovirus-lyme.html
I have not written for a little while and we also had the holiday season to deal with not that we could actually celebrate anything!

We had a respite period of about 4 days and then wham we were hit with the other dreaded winter illness the flu!

I know one can get the flu vaccine yes and I have had the flu vaccine once in my life, but I personally would rather not have the vaccine due to past experiences of vaccines and  of ill affects.

I am not suggesting not to get vaccinated it is all down to personal choice.

Well as I was saying we had a respite of about 4 days from the dreaded norovirus which I might add we got from a public toilet and most who used this toilet all got infected due to a child vomiting in a sink.
Now I think maybe our immune systems were down and then picked up the flu/cold.
So we have now been ill with the flu/cold for now 2 weeks and we are defiantly coming to the end of it now.
The worst part of it was the runny nose and the constant sneezing!
The back pain and sore neck was another bad symptom of this.
now I am left with the annoying cough!

My sympathies go out to all who have had either the Norovirus (Sydney2012) and or the flu it really is debilitating!
What with the lack of energy, the brain fog but also the broken sleep!
So not only did we get the Ferrari of virus's we get the mother of all colds!

So we upped our MMS dosage drank loads of homemade chicken soup and of course plenty of fluids!

Chicken Soup

My recipe for chicken soup is quite simple:
1 whole chicken
2 Leeks cleaned chopped in half
2 onions skinned chopped in half
2 carrots peeled chopped in half
2 celery sticks cleaned chopped in half
2 garlic cloves
1 Organic chicken stock cube
Put all ingredients  in a saucepan of water (water should cover the chicken and veg, I use a 1 litre stock pan when I make the soup) herbs little salt place on heat bring to boil then put a lid on and simmer for 2 to 4 hours then serve.
some skim off the fat but I find it tastes best if you don't.
Then take chicken and veg out of soup and when you reheat the soup add a stock cube.

I find this recipe really helps with any ailment we have and it is a recipe that has been handed down for generations in my family.
Lyme Girl x
**Always consult a LLMD (Lyme Literate Doctor) or your own health care professional.** 

Copyright 2012-2013  LymeGirl all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment